am I hacked?

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora-gmane.00003 at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Sun Apr 22 15:06:59 UTC 2007

Verily I say unto thee, that Manuel Arostegui Ramirez spake thusly:
> El Domingo, 22 de Abril de 2007 02:50, Keith G. Robertson-Turner escribió:

>> I have hundreds off ssh attacks every day. Just make sure you have a
>> *very* secure password (or don't forward ssh from the router).
>>
>> I also use "denyhosts" which I've found extremely useful (it's in extras).

> That plus some kind of app such as fail2ban to permit only like like 3 attemps
> of login

Denyhosts already does that.

I'll check out fail2ban though, it's always nice to have alternatives.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| I found [Vista] to be a dangerously unstable operating system,
| which has caused me to lose data ... unfortunately this product
| is unfit for any user. - [H]ardOCP, <http://tinyurl.com/3bpfs2>
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2312.fc5
 16:04:39 up 5 days, 13:36,  2 users,  load average: 1.33, 1.43, 1.69