Capture OOPS

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sun Apr 22 17:12:27 UTC 2007

    Seems I've asked this before, but I'll be darned if I can find the
answer somewhere in my archives.  I need to capture a kernel OOPS
somehow.  I've got a server that seems to be trigger happy and locking
up/crashing once every 24 hours or so.  The unfortunate thing is that
I'm not there when it happens to look on the monitor and see if I can
discern  anything from there (usually one of the other guys come in
before me and they simply hit the reset button because they don't
understand the gibberish on screen anyway.)  So, I need to figure out a
way to capture that OOPS.  Since it's not send to syslog, I can't send
it to another machine for logging.  What other methods are there of
doing this?  This machine doesn't have a serial link that I can link up
to another either.  So, anyone?

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6