libsndfile 1.0.17 unable to write file in FC6. SELinux???

stan stanl at cox.net
Sun Apr 22 17:44:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am developing an app that writes sound files.  When I link it with
the FC6 libsndfile libraries, either statically or dynamically, it gives
me an error that it cannot open the file.  It is able to create the
file, because I see it there empty.  When I compile the libsndfile
1.0.17 source myself, and link statically to it, the application is
able to create and write the file (i.e. it works as it is supposed to).

Unfortunately the debugging information has been stripped from the FC6
libraries so I can't trace the problem.  The only thing I can think of
is that this is some sort of SELinux issue.  I am running this as a
user with the default permissions (permissive if I recall).  From what
I have read this should mean there are no issues with SELinux at all
under targeted policy.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening, and possible fixes?

Thanks,
Stan