Here we go again -- printer not working ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun Apr 22 17:41:46 UTC 2007

Hi Frank;

On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 11:26 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 13:19:50 -0400
> William Case <billlinux at rogers.com> wrote:
>
> > I tried to print a simple *.txt document through gedit and OOo Writer
> > with no response.  The job is in the queue; gedit job shows document as
> > 'unknown'; the OOo job shows the proper document name but does not
> > process. Printer is set to go; no flashing warning lights; paper
> > inserted; relatively new ink cartridges.  Printed fine a couple of days
> > ago.  Printer works in WindowsXP.
>
> What is the output from lpq?

after ]$ lp ....

]$ lpq
psc_1310_series_ is ready and printing
Rank    Owner   Job     File(s)                         Total Size
active  bill    144     BugInstall                      4096 bytes

> Have you checked http://localhost:631 and made sure that the printer is active
> and not stopped?

psc_1310_series_ (Default Printer) "open device failed; will retry in 30 seconds..."

Location: Basement_CASE_HP
Make and Model: HP PSC 1310
Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)
Printer State: processing, accepting
jobs, published.
Device URI:
hp:/usb/psc_1310_series_?serial=CN45PB613FO2

I was trying to give Time Waugh a chance to get his Fedora printer gui
going properly.

--
Regards Bill