[Fedora] Re: RAID-1 Question

Vivek J. Patankar list307 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 19:51:30 UTC 2007

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>    FYI, I'm approaching the 4th hour and it's still only at 84%.  Does
> anyone on the list have experience with SuperMicro boards taking this
> long to build a RAID-1 array?  I just called my vendor and they too said
> it takes a long time.  To me this is ridiculous, but maybe that's really
> the way it is.  So...anyone?

I don't know about Supermicro boards, but I have a whole lot of IBM
EXP300 expansion units connected to the servers I manage. A new 146GB
SCSI hard drive replacing a defunct drive in a RAID 1 mirror takes
upwards of 5 hours to rebuild. So I guess one could consider it normal
for it to take so long.

--
Regards
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)