for faster boot

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 23 01:38:27 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 17:43 +0530, Vikram Goyal wrote:
> I have tried to make the boot faster by staggering some processes in
> background through an added service staggered.

I seem to recall reading that there was a move to load some start-up
services concurrently rather than consecutively, but I hadn't noticed it
being done anywhere.  Is this better than the readahead_early and
readahead_later services that come with FC6?

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.