PandoraFMS not copying XML files

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Mon Apr 23 17:43:16 UTC 2007

El Lunes, 23 de Abril de 2007 19:04, Tomas Lewis escribió:
> Hello.
>
> This is my first post to the fedora list, don't know if this is the correct
> place to post my question to, if this is not, let me know.
>
> I'm trying to set up the pandora free monitoring system in one of my
> servers.
> I have already set up the server and the web console without a problem.
> Besides that, I'm trying to run the pandora agent in one of the remote
> servers, but I have found some troubles I don't know how to solve yet.
> I'm running the agent in daemon mode, but when the XML is written it
> remains on the /opt/pandora_agent/data_out I've set up as a temporal one,
> it's not copied to the server /opt/pandora_server/data_in/
> If I copy it manually using scp the server process the data smooth.
> This is my pandora_agent.conf
>
> # General Parameters
> # ==================
>
> server_ip       10.30.7.134
> server_path     /opt/pandora_server/data_in
> pandora_path    /opt/pandora_agent/
> temporal        /opt/pandora_agent/data_out
> interval        600
> debug           1
> checksum        0
>

> # Module Definition
> # =================
>
> # vmstat syntax depends on linux distro and vmstat command version, please
> check before use it
> module_begin
> module_name cpu_user
> module_type generic_data
> module_interval 1
> module_exec vmstat 1 2 | tail -1 | awk '{ print $14 }'
> module_max 100
> module_min 0
> module_descripcion User CPU Usage (%)
> module_end
>
> module_begin
> module_name cpu_sys
> module_type generic_data
> module_exec vmstat 1 2 | tail -1 | awk '{ print $15 }'
> module_max 100
> module_min 0
> module_description System CPU Usage (%)
> module_end
>
> module_begin
> module_name disk_root_free
> module_type generic_data
> module_interval 2
> module_exec df -kh / | tail -1 | awk '{ print 100-$5 }'
> module_max 100
> module_min 0
> module_description Free disk Percentage of root partition
> module_end
>
> module_begin
> module_name memfree
> module_type generic_data
> module_exec cat /proc/meminfo  | grep MemFree | awk '{ print $2 }'
> module_end
>
> module_begin
> module_name memused
> module_type generic_data
> module_exec cat /proc/meminfo | grep "Active"  | awk '{ print $2 }'
> module_end
>
> Thank you all.
>
> /Tomas

Hi Tomas,
Well, you're not missing anything and pandora is not failing either. That
behaviour is perfectly normal.
When the debug flag is set to 1, pandora agent run as it would does in a
normal situation, right, execept from the fact it won't copy the .data file
to the server. So pandora agent was doing exactly what it was supposed to
when debug=1 :-)

So, just set the value to 0, restart the agent and it will work (as long as
your ssh connection is properly configured, but that's another long story
short )

All the best.
Manuel.
--