[Fedora] Re: Capture OOPS

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Apr 23 20:29:10 UTC 2007

Frank Cox wrote:
> If it's always at the same time every day, don't ignore outside factors.  I
> have heard stories about the janitor unplugging the server to plug in his
> vacuum and other things like that.

    Same time every day, 6:30 am.  What runs at 6:30 am?  The backup
script.  What does it do?  It NFS mounts the drive to backup TO, dumps
files, then unmounts.  So I need to go check now whether I'm behind a
week on backups...  The thing is, the backup runs so fast (it only takes
a minute or so) that it's either happening upon mounting, or unmounting
of the NFS.  That's what I need to figure out now...  And then, WHY did
this suddenly start happening...didn't before.

    -- A

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6