tcpdump

Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi at telus.net
Mon Apr 23 22:44:45 UTC 2007

Hello Kaushal,

	I hope that you are well. Okay maybe we are going about this the wrong way:

	1) How may network interfaces do you have, and which one are you  using
for web stuff that you are trying to capture.

	2) Try the following tcpdump -vvv -i eth0 port 80

	3) Try man tcpdump for further options to refine the command set for
your use.

	You are seeing a conversation between dhcp-192-18-68-199.test.com at
port 3118 and it89.hyd.test.com on port 80 I can't really tell what you
are showing me without a full dump giving me only a snippet won't really
help.

	You may want to look at "tcpdump -i eth0 -s0 -w mydump.dmp" and
transfer this to your workstation and view in ethereal or using tcpdump
with the -r option to read it again.

	Cheers,

	Aly.

--