Keyboardmap ?

linuxmaillists at charter.net linuxmaillists at charter.net
Tue Apr 24 05:03:31 UTC 2007

I saved this from a post that I cannot find now. Nor do I
know the original subject.

<s/quote>
The X server does keyboard mapping of keys and you can use X
to map keys.
If you have an international keyboard set up then X ships
with compose
functionality which for the subset of symbols it does is
usually easier
to learn.

Basically hit alt (left alt to US folks) and shift together,
then let go
of both, now type two keys in sequence that compose the
resulting symbol.

The compose pairs are designed to be logical thus

        ss = ß
        a' = á
        e^ = ê
        e= = €
        c, = ç

and so on
<e/quote>

Where is the file that this would be done in so this would
work?

--
If the word following begins with
a vowel, the word you want is...