core 6 issues

JJ JJ jj28h at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:41:04 UTC 2007

Hello everybody,
Jessica again. Ok, this is what I got from the term for kernel:
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6xen #1 SMP Tue Apr 10 18:03:37
EDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Also, I found the command poweroff in the bin dir like someone told me. I
run it, but still the same. System halted, and that's it. Computer still on.
I'd like to mention that I have 2 copies of Windows on this rig, and they
both shutdown just fine, so I don't think I have to look in the bios
settings. I also forgot to mention that this is my first experience with
linux, but I believe you've realized it by now.
What should I do now?
Thanks again,
JJ