Help - I've completely borked up my linux

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Tue Apr 24 23:34:26 UTC 2007

I was playing around trying to install xubuntu on a usb doover and
somehow I completely borked up my FC6 installation.  I have a
computer with two hard drives.  On the first drive is Win XP and the
second had (and I think still does but borked) FC6.  I went to boot
it after I got done playing with the xubuntu and FC6 wouldn't start.
It starts to come up but about the time it goes looking for the
drives it panics saying it can't find /dev/root.  I booted the FC6
Rescue CD and it says there are no Linux partitions.  I ran fdisk and
looked at /dev/sdb and it says there are two partitions, sdb1 and 2
and 1 is marked bootable.

Am I completely hosed or do you think I can recover from here?

Where do I start?

Thanks very much,

--
Knute Johnson