Xine-lib=1.1.5 dependency -- now what do I do ?? -- SOLVED

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Wed Apr 25 07:19:47 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On 24/04/07, Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:
>> William Case wrote:
>> > Hi;
>> >
>> > Somebody is playing games.  Xine just updated correctly.
>> No improvement here:
>>
>> --> Running transaction check
>> --> Processing Dependency: xine-lib = 1.1.5 for package: xine-lib-moles
>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>> Error: Missing Dependency: xine-lib = 1.1.5 is needed by package
>> xine-lib-moles
>
> It won't improve if you don't enable a repository that offers an
> updated and compatible xine-lib-moles package.  xine-lib-moles is not
> a Fedora package and not a Livna package either. And xine-lib at
> Fedora is at 1.1.6 already.

The problem is not with xine-lib, the problem is with xine-lib-moles.
xine-lib-moles is offered by freshrpms (perhaps others?) and is not yet
updated.  xine-lib from Fedora (Core or Extras I don't know, nor do I
care) was updated to 1.1.6, and so yum wants to update it.  But
xine-lib-moles was not yet updated and it depends explicitly on
xine-lib-1.1.5.  So there is a conflict: xine-lib updated to 1.1.6 is
not compatible with xine-lib-moles which want xine-lib-1.1.5.

So the solution is to either:
1. remove xine-lib-moles and do the update
2. exclude xine-lib (or rather xine*) until freshrpms made an updated
xine-lib-moles available.

--
Sjoerd Mullender