Xine-lib=1.1.5 dependency -- now what do I do ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Apr 25 17:54:24 UTC 2007

Hi Ric;

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 13:16 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 00:50 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > By the way is yumex ever going to produce a help manual?

> Bill, I highly recommend smart. You get a nice gui that shows every rpm
> out there with a nice search function. If you search for Xine, you'll
> see what is available and the ones you currently have installed. Really
> nice. IMHO it's beats the pants off of yumex. Give it a whirl! Ric

Thanks Ric.  I had planned to give 'smart' a whirl when I install Fedora
7.  Not that the version/core number matters; its just that I have so
many small and large learning curves over the next 6 weeks that I have
given myself to climb.  A new install of fedora seemed like a good
benchmark to add new applications to try out.

By the way, does 'smart' have a good manual.  'man' yum and yumex
--no-help, are pretty rudimentary if you want to go deeper than just
trial and error.
--
Regards Bill