->fc6: Pkg Installation - "may take several minutes" - 36 hours later!!

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at panet.co.yu
Thu Apr 26 18:26:52 UTC 2007

On Thursday 26 April 2007 13:53, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Rahul,
> Has any one among the Fedora group actually upgraded to FC6 using 128 K
> of RAM? I admit it depends on things but it should be between difficult
> to impossible in most hardware.

I did. Though it was not an upgrade, but a clean install. The machine was
700Mhz (or so), with 128MB ram. Anaconda wanted to format and use the swap
partition as soon as I chose the layout of partitions, and I allowed it.
After solving the faulty cd drive issue, the install went smoothly. Minimum
set of packages, though I did not try more than that.

However, it was *not* an upgrade.

Best regards, :-)
Marko

Marko Vojinovic