Looking for GNOME language bar (?): Want to switch input language quickly

Matthias Kredler mk1168 at nyu.edu
Sat Apr 28 01:45:53 UTC 2007

Great, now it works! The link
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-April/msg00376.html
explained where my problem originated from.

For those who might come after me:
>From Fedora 7 on, SCIM is not activated by default anymore on installation.
To be able to continuously switch between English and an Asian language
during a session, both have to be installed and one has to run
"im-chooser" from the command line and then choose "Use custom input
method: scim". Then the language bar will appear with a small "SCIM"
icon in the corner of GNOME.

Thanks for resolving this...
Matthias