Can no longer use my USB mouse with my laptop

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Apr 28 02:22:56 UTC 2007

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Kevin J. Cummings writes:
>
>> I've recently booted 2.6.20-1.2944_1.fc6.cubbi_suspend2 and it didn't
>> work there either.  This laptop came with
>> 2.6.19-1.2895_1.fc6.cubbi_suspend2 installed initially.  As far as I can
>
> That's some vendor's frankenkernel.
>
> You really have to watch your step with some of these vendors that tout
> their supposedly Linux-compatible laptops.  A lot of them foist on you
> some half-assed frankenkernel, that barely keeps the laptop's bizarre
> hardware working.  They conveniently give you a molested yum.conf to
> suppress kernel and X.org errata updates, for the uninformed.  But as
> soon as you get rid of all their crap, and load Fedora Borg-standard
> kernel, half the stuff in the laptop stops working.

Yep and this is a violation of Fedora trademarks if they are calling the
OEM installation Fedora. Please let me know with more details if that's
the case.

We have enough issues with with the regular releases to not wanting to
deal with reports from OEM installations of Fedora that are heavily
modified to such a extend that they cannot really be called Fedora anymore.

Rahul