Network Printer on Fedora

Doncho N. Gunchev gunchev at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 18:10:51 UTC 2007

On Thursday 2007-04-26 23:11:14 Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 11:26 -0400, Kevin Gutch wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry for the last topic hijack post.
> >
> > Could someone point me to a good reference for setting up a Network
> > Printer on Fedora? I want to use Samba as a print server.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Kevin
> > --
>
> If you go to : localhost:631 in your web server there is much
> documentation on using cups to set up printers.
> --

Yes, that's cups. You can use cups without samba (using IPP - Internet
Printing Protocol), which runs better (it's more reliable) for me. In windows
you just add new network printer with
http://yourserver:631/printers/printer_name and select the right driver.
Also, don't forget to allow your clients to connect to cups (by default
access to cups is only allowed from 127.0.0.1).

--
Regards,
  Doncho