FC6 grub problem...

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 13:57:58 UTC 2007

I suppose the windows disk is the master, so it is hd0.
As a consequence, the linux disk is now hd1.
This way it will not boot in linux, unless you rewrite the MBR in the
windows disk with
grub-install, and change hd0 for hd1 in your old grub.conf.

I think that the easiest way is leaving the linux disk as master (hd0),
and switching the disks (logically) when booting in windows.
Generally, the choice of which disk to boot from can be made in the BIOS.

This way, your grub.conf remains the same and you just need to add this
part at the end:

title Windows XP
        map (hd0,0) (hd1,0)
        map (hd1,0) (hd0,0)