Confession of error...

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 30 07:28:33 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 17:52 -0700, David L. Gehrt wrote:
> I got rid of Windoze, did a  full install of Core  6, which I found to
> be an exceedingly difficult evolution.
>
> Because I had  some difficulty with the full install of  Core 6 the
> question is what  is the likelihood of a  successful upgrade straight
> from  Core 3 to Core 6.

You didn't say what the problem was (beyond the long wait - which might
just need more time to complete, you can switch over to the other
virtual consoles and see if anything is doing anything), but I'd find
updating far more of a chore than installing.  You've got to resolve a
lot of *old* problems by yourself, instead of starting out fresh.

I would think that installing another, older, distro, is going to strike
a similar problem (slow for it to get going).  Plus even more delays as
an update process (to a later distro release) figures out what it has to
do.

I found the easiest way to install FC6 was to pick one of the
prearranged package sets it offers you, and leave it as is.  Any attempt
to customise it often bombed out part way through, and wasted all of my
time.  I'd remove or add things, afterwards.  *After* I'd got a working
system, and updated packages.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.