Home Lan with D-Link DI-604

Carlos Alberto Alves drcaa at predialnet.com.br
Mon Apr 30 13:51:36 UTC 2007

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Carlos Alberto Alves wrote:
>> Hi people!
>> I would like to see your opinion on this matter. I am running a home lan
>> with two computers, one ASUS MB K8-VX SE and another K8-VX, both onboard
>> lan, FC6 and a radio connection with a D-Link DI-604 broadband ethernet
>> router. Both computers can access internet at the same time smoothly,
>> but they cannot see each other's shared folders. NETFS, Network, NFS,
>> NFSLOCK and PORTMAP services are all up and running. Even if I disable
>> guarddog firewall on both computers, I still cannot see shared folders.
>> Any hints on how to setup NFS???
>
> What does /etc/exports look like?
>
> Mikkel

Hi Mikkel!
Here you are:

1- /etc/exports
/home/carlos	sempron(ro)
/home/download	sempron(ro)

2- /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1	localhost.localdomain	localhost	k6
127.0.0.1	k6	localhost.localdomain	localhost

3- /etc/hosts.allow
portmap: sempron
lockd: sempron
mountd: sempron
rquotad: sempron
statd: sempron
cupsd: ALL

4- /etc/hosts.deny
lockd: ALL
mountd: ALL
rquotad: ALL
statd: ALL

This setup worked fine in a peer-to-peer network.
:(
* Carlos Alberto Alves                       *
* Child Neurologist                          *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil                     *
* Skype: carlos-aa                           *
* mailto:drcaa at click21.com.br                *
* mailto:drcaa at predialnet.com.br             *