General Linux?

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Mon Apr 30 17:28:21 UTC 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007 12:11, Knute Johnson wrote:
> Is it possible to ssh to my computer, start a command line
> program, exit ssh and then come back later and ssh to the same
> command line program?  How would I do that exactly?

Use the "screen" command.  In essence you would ssh to your target
machine, issue the screen command, run your command, detach from
the command by using the "<CTRL-a>,d" sequence, then exit from the
target machine.  Later you could ssh to your target machine, issue
the "screen -list" to see your detached session(s) and issue the
"screen -r <desired-session>" to reattach to the previously running
session.  See "man screen" for more details.

Regards, Mike Klinke