Back Again

Luca/Gmail piol.luca at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:06:37 UTC 2007

I think an XML file is more practical, let's take a possible example
(only an idea):

<package="{name}">
<version="{version}" />
<replace="{package}-{old-version}" />
<reqdep0="{package}-{version}" />
<reqdep1=[...] />
<[...]/>
<optdep0="{package}-{version}" />
<optdep1=[...] />
<[...]/>
</package>

[reqdep] stands for required dependency
[optdep] stands for optional dependency

Just a simple parse using DOM and using the right way the child elements
should solve everything.

For packages being updated or new could be used some extra child
elements like:
<updated="{yes/no}"/>
<new="{yes/no}"/>
and add the check while parsing using DOM.

Isn't it more practical and efficient rather than using a SQL based
database etc...?

Regards,
Luca

P.S. Sorry for the previous mails but had some errors, hopefully solved.