Setting up KVM?

kwhiskerz kwhiskerz at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 2 18:35:35 UTC 2007

How did you ever get Windows XP Pro loaded?

I have an upgrade version or Windows XP Home, an upgrade version of Windows
98se, and a full version of Windows 95.

Windows XP boots fine in qemu-kvm, ut it asks that I insert a previous version
as proof. I do so, using 'eject (-f) cdrom' to change the CD. Windows XP
tells me this is not a valid version. I have tried it with both Win98se and
Win95.

I have also tried installing Win98se and Win95, but qemu-kvm and
libvirtmanager both run briefly, just a flash and crash. So fast that I can
just barely see some output. The valid Windows disks, 98se and 95, do not
seem to be recognized. I have tried to make images of them, but the result is
the same. Windows XP boots fine, but I am not able to validate it with my
valid previous versions.

I have been working on this problem for weeks, have searched myriad different
sites, but there is no information available. So how did you get Windows
installed in the first place?