freenx and desktop effects

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Thu Aug 2 19:01:18 UTC 2007

Hi all,

When I try to log into an account using freenx, and that account
normally has "desktop effects" (compiz) enabled, application windows
have no border displayed. No minimize/maximize buttons appears.
Everything works if I disable desktop effects (from the physical
machine; I can't disable them from an nx session).

Can I make freenx and compiz co-exist happily? (I don't need to see
wobbly windows in the freenx session, but I do need the window borders...)

- Mike