blank DVDs are not mounted on FC6

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Aug 3 12:20:02 UTC 2007

Globe Trotter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I get to write to a DVD. I put in a blank DVD and I don't get anything.
> Mount volume says no media, and I cant figure out how to proceed since nothing
> works.
>
> is this a feature or a bug?

It's likely to be a sick drive. You can run cdrecord with the -atip or
-prcap options and see what you are told.

That copy of cdrecord is *very* old, have you upgraded since you did the
install? Is that really what is the latest in FC6, I thought they were
using Wodim (a hacked version) 1.0.6. That's what FC7 uses.

It is most likely to be a drive issue, though, does dmesg say anything
enlightening about the drive?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>