package auditing in fedora

Jaigh Jaddo jj at hildenhahn.com
Fri Aug 3 18:58:08 UTC 2007

There are several reasons for this.

1. Clearly there can be vulnerabilities that have not been fixed yet
or have been fixed and there has not been a package created yet. In
this case I would access my risk and disable the vulnerable service
as needed.

2. I am running a large enterprise and cannot risk upgrading packages
unless there is a clear reason to do so (ie. Security vulnerability).
Doing a global yum update is risking for the enterprise. It is fine
at home.

Thanks to all for the replies.

JJ