System freezing frequently

Chris Kurecka ckurecka at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 02:49:37 UTC 2007

Firstly, thanks everyone for the quick responses.

I do have an extra machine I can try to SSH from, though I haven't
used it in a long time.  I'll try to get it set up to check that out.

As far as overheating goes, all the fans are still working, and there
are 3 other than the CPU fan.  They don't seem terribly powerful
though; they all came with the kit I built it from.  I checked under
the CPU fan for the paste, and it looks a bit scratched.
Unfortunately, the paste came pre-attached to the bottom of the fan,
so I never had to apply any, and am not sure how it should look.  I
also am not sure how to verify that the power supply is working
properly.  I know it's either 400 or 450W, and I don't have a ton of
add-ons to draw power (only one hard drive, one video card, integrated
audio, etc.).

I'll run memtest86 while I'm at work tomorrow and see how that goes.

Thanks,

Chris