Printer config is BAD!

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Aug 7 19:04:28 UTC 2007

Erich Zigler wrote:
> On Tue, August 7, 2007 1:39 pm, Karl Larsen wrote:
>

>> 	The gui software for setting up the printer has been updated and it's
>> very bad. It is f***d up to where I can't use it. It will not accept a
>> printer with a parallel port cable. It makes F7 worthless for a user.
>>

> Please watch the inappropriate language. Some of us read this mailing list
> while at work and that could get us in a bit of trouble.
>
> Back to your printer issue. It makes it very hard to help when you keep
> opening new threads for the same problem. There are too many simultaneous
> conversations going on over the same issue to be of much help.
>
> What kind of printer do you have? One packages were upgraded in the last
> update?
>
> - Erich

    All of this is in earlier messages. But for you I will do it again.
 From /var/log/yum I got the files but I am back on fc6 now. The printer
is a Brother laser printer model HL-1440. It has worked fine on f7 until
the gui printer setup software was updated. Now it will not work.

    It is a great mystery and I for one are hopeless :-(

But I can't use a computer that can't print. So I have a fix that is fc6
:-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User