F6C800-UNV Belkin UPS?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Aug 8 17:22:28 UTC 2007

I have a Belkin UPS for which they provide Linux control and monitoring
software.

I think I recall that Fedora Linux also had an application to interface
with a UPS?

I am curious to try this device and need to know if anyone has
experience with it, and if it's safe to install the software they
provide or if there is already something else I can use.  The truth is I
probably don't need the control functions although it would be
convenient to have auto-shutdown in the event power goes down while I am
away but the monitor functions might be of some interest.

Any suggestions and opinions appreciated.

Bob Goodwin