a couple questions about virtual hosts in Apache

Scott sberry at northlc.com
Wed Aug 8 18:17:44 UTC 2007

Hello there,

I am needing to set up a virtual host for Pilotalk.com because I have more than one server I need to run on the Linux machine.  I am having a problem where my web site does not come up and I am pretty certain that my NameVirtualHost and virtualHosts blocks are correct.  Here is what they look like:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin webmaster at pilotalk.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/html
ServerName pilotalk.com
ServerAlias pilotalk.com *.pilotalk.com
ErrorLog logs/PilotalkBraillesoft.com-error_log
CustomLog logs/PilotalkBraillesoft.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.pilotalk.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/PilotalkBraillesoft.com
DirectoryIndex index.php
</VirtualHost>

This was followed step by step out of the documentation for Apache.

Scott