Lost my mouse pointer !!

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Aug 8 10:20:55 UTC 2007

Hi;

Just installed a new ASUS M2NPV-VM motherboard with an integrated NVIDA
GeForce C51PV 6150 chipset.  Got everything working except my mouse.

Actually my mouse mainly works but I can't get the pointer to show up on
my desktop even though icons and labels show focus when I happen to have
my mouse focus over them.  Tried every possible variation of the mouse
preferences setup.  Removed my wallpaper.  My xorg.conf file shows no
mouse definition and I am certain mouses used to be defined there.  I am
using an ordinary Microsoft three button mouse.

Any suggestions graciously received.  This is turning into one of the
silliest, frustrating Fedora challenges I have faced so far.

--
Regards Bill