Yum, the repo, and failed dependencies

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:08:19 UTC 2007

On 09/08/07, Ingemar Nilsson <init at kth.se> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> The last several months, I have seen a rising occurrence of failed
> dependencies when I try to install or update packages.

Don't complain, report such broken deps as soon as possible:

  http://bugzilla.redhat.com

Until the Fedora Updates System will be capable of blocking packages
(or package groups) which break dependencies, it's the responsibility
of the package maintainers to not break dependencies. Unfortunately,
some still break the ABI and or sub-package dependencies, and other
packagers don't take the broken deps reports seriously.

So, report such breakage, especially when --enablerepo=updates-testing
doesn't help either.