F6C800-UNV Belkin UPS?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Aug 12 00:23:01 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-08-11 at 16:46 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> I installed two new SLA batteries two days ago and judging from the
>> voltage across the terminals it was charging.  I would have to remove
>> the case to measure battery voltage which ought to be near 27 volts by
>> this time I would think.
>>

> My preference for checking that batteries are charging is measuring the
> current going to them, rather than voltage.  But that's not always
> practical, heavy charge can be quite a few amps, and it may drop down to
> just a few milliamps when (almost) done.  That's quite a range to cover
> with just one meter.

Yes, if I have to kludge together a charger for a drill battery or some
such I use a variable bench supply and measure the drop across a series
resistor and tweak things periodically.  This thing doesn't lend itself
to measuring the current and it would be out of range for my old Fluke.

I took the cover off and checked, it was up to 26.9 volts and dropped
back to 24.6 after a bit connected to a 21" tv/cctv deal I have to help
the feeble of eye read text.  It's good, and I found an item in the
configuration I could set to make it ignore the [false] low battery charge.

I want to try "nut" also and see if it works any better.