Bugzilla feature requests

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 14 12:23:42 UTC 2007

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I was recently advised to use <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>
> for feature requests.
> (I was suggesting that it would be nice if the yum fastestmirror plugin
> told one what mirror is being used.)
>
> But is the bugzilla site intended for this purpose?
> There is no mention of this at the site.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests. Fedora is likely
to get its own bugzilla instance soon where we can link to many of the
Fedora specific things from the front interface.

> Incidentally, the Redhat bugzilla system
> (maybe all bugzilla systems)
> seemed to me fairly bad.
> If I look up "yum" I get a huge number of responses.
> If I look up "yum fastestmirror" I get none.

Yep because there is no bug which mentions yum fastest mirror in the bug
report subject which is the default search parameter. Advanced search
for other details.

Also note that bugzilla lists source components. Yum fastest mirror is
part of yum-utils srpm and you should file your RFE against it though it
is likely to be something yum itself has to expose.

Rahul