Changing boot time configuration

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Sat Aug 18 00:44:06 UTC 2007

John,

Fedora supports network profiles as does all versions of RH Linux, the
following code is in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit, you should be able to figure
out the rested your self.

--- snip ---
# Boot time profiles. Yes, this should be somewhere else.
if [ -x /usr/sbin/system-config-network-cmd ]; then
  if strstr "$cmdline" netprofile= ; then
    for arg in $cmdline ; do
        if [ "${arg##netprofile=}" != "${arg}" ]; then
            /usr/sbin/system-config-network-cmd --profile
${arg##netprofile=}
        fi
    done
  fi