Alternative booting

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sat Aug 18 22:49:43 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
>    Hi David. It might be that the reason your grub stopped is because of
> that new kernel you were yum update  getting. That kernel might have
> stopped Grub from working. I suggest you load F7 again in a simple one
> hard drive system. Then check out grub which the loader should have
> installed right. Then you have both for at least a while.

Well, in that case I rather use Ubuntu. And that is also not the point
of this exercise. I have a brand new 64bit system, all other boxes that
I have are Pentium IIIs or so which do an OK job as home print and file
server.
Also, I have a Bt787 TV tuner that I want to use, but that is not
supported under XP64 (well, K!TV does the trick sort of), but under
Linux. Also, there are way more apps I can get for free on Linux than on
Windows.

All that is side play, all I want is boot F7 without using GRUB. Do I
really need to defect to OpenSuSE? Then I might as well stick with XP.

David