Quota / Diskless Workstation?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Sun Aug 19 13:44:32 UTC 2007

On 8/18/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 17:32 -0400, David Frascone wrote:
> > The big logs are caused by my own code -- I'm debugging something.  I
> > just want a way to limit the damage.
>
> Log to a server, instead?  Something set up to handle large log files.

I went ahead and solved the problem that I wanted to solve, the one I
originally asked about.

I created a loopback physical device, and put a lvm on it.  I made the
device 15gb, and allowed 7.5Gb for each workstation.  (they're currently
using 4Gb).  This way, they won't be able to fill up the server, or impact
each other.

-Dave

--
David Frascone