fedora package updater

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Aug 20 15:50:25 UTC 2007

Jerome Kan wrote:
> Hey, I recently installed Fedora 7 onto my computer and played around with
> it for a bit, but I cant seem to figure out a way around this problem I've
> been having with the package Updater. The error states that
> "elfutils-libelf-devel conflicts with elfutils-libelf = 0.127.1.fc7"
> I'm not exactly sure what it means; however when this shows up I've tried
> finding the closest update package to the error which is
> "elfutils" package and unchecking it in hopes that the program would
> continue with the update and just skip over that part. I'm new to Linux so
> I'm not exactly sure how or what each of the packages do; however, I think I
> have managed to grasp the basic concept of how the yum update program works,
> with the repositories of software and updating that way. Any help at all on
> this issue would be much appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jerome

Welcome to Linux and Fedora.

This could be an indication of multiple problems.

What were you doing at the time that you got the error?

I had a similar problem last week trying to do a group install.

Also, what repositories are you using?  This can cause conflicts as well.

More details will make it easier to help you.

--
Due to the move to Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.