ipw3945-kmdl-2.6.22.1-32.fc6 needs /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.22.1-32.fc6, this is not available

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Aug 21 05:35:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 12:15:17AM -0400, David Kramer wrote:
> I'm running FC6 on my Dell D820 (because I couldn't get suspend working
> in F7).

Have you tried kernel-tuxonice? :)

> I occasionally have had problems with kernel updates and not having
> a compatible ipw3945, but it seems to be worse lately.  I'm not sure
> if it's because the kernels are coming out faster, the ipw3945s are
> coming out slower, or something on my system.

No, the error is about not finding a kernel, not about not fining the
kmdls. What happens lately is that kernels are deleted on the main
server and packages that depended on the specific kernel have them
broken dependenices.

If that's the real issue then the cure is to install yum's
skip-broken-dependencies plugin, so yum is not that strict about this.

> My meta-question is how this sort of thing happens.

See above.

> My non-meta-questions are how do I get out of this mess, and how do I
> prevent it from happening in the future.

Use the skip-broken-dependencies plugin.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net