X windows freezes on start

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Tue Aug 21 19:48:50 UTC 2007

Around 11:27am on Tuesday, August 21, 2007 (UK time), Karl Larsen scrawled:

>    Seems that most people running servers want to keep things simple
> and never even set up the X system. Your going to be ssh to the box all
> the time anyway it appears. Forget X.

Yes, don't try and fix the problem, just live without the functionality.
That's what we do here.  After all, Karl knows better than you what your
requirements are.

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 20:47:38 up 16 days,  9:11,  1 user,  load average: 0.10, 0.24, 0.18