bash cli

Mark C. Allman mcallman at allmanpc.com
Tue Aug 21 20:41:35 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 13:34 -0700, Don Russell wrote:

> Stuart Murray-Smith wrote:
> > Greetings list :-)
> >
> > Oh dear, I've forgotten what the bash cli is to see the output of a
> > command line input (it dumps  result to screen). Pretty much the same
> > bash functionality as Ctrl-R gives one a rolling history of entered
> > commands.
> >
> > Coul someone please remind me :-)
> >
> > TiA, and have a great day!
> >
> > Stu@
> >

> Are you thinking of Shift+PageUp & Shift+PageDown buttons to scroll
> through large output displays

Humble apologies for getting just slightly off-topic, but try
<Ctrl><Shift>T and see what happens.  Maybe every else on the list knew
this, but I didn't!  I just started playing around with key combinations
to see what happened.

As to getting the out of a command to stdout (the screen), all I can
think of is just "bash -v <your command>."

-- Mark C. Allman,
PMP
-- Allman
Professional