keyboard not responding

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Fri Aug 24 01:50:38 UTC 2007

On Thu August 23 2007, Craig White wrote:
> This user couldn't generate anything on the keyboard and it simply
> didn't respond to caps lock, number lock, scroll lock or anything that I
> could tell but restarting, this would occur after KDM login. Other users
> on the same box had no problems so I figured it was something with KDE
> user profile. I moved ~/.kde directory and logged in as user again and
> the problem was fixed. I don't know which file it was in the .kde folder
> as there were many files with the current date/time.

this is beginning to sound like 'slow keys' --
in KDE it's found in Control Center/Accessibility/Keyboard filters/Use slow
keys  --  pressing a key in an unconfigured system too long can pop a dialog
that asks you if you want to turn it on, but, people miss the dialog and do
something else that results in an affirmative response -- presto, your keys
stop responding

the OP said it was only happening in his browser, however, which wouldn't
compute

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA