Pam Modules?

Technomage-hawke technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 04:03:21 UTC 2007

ok,
I am seeking a solution here to a problem.
the problem: /etc/shadow seems to be only in md5 hashing.

I wish to change this to something a bit more secure (such as TIGER,
WHIRLPOOL, AES or other 'higher security' hashing function).

I don't see any way to do this through the files I have found in fedora-core 7
(blowfish is available, but I am seeking other alternatives).

I am also cc'ing this to the pam-list so as to get multiple inputs.

if anyone has a solution that works, please do let me know.

thanks.