problems for installing fedora 7 on a poweredge 1650

Langdon Stevenson langdon at lindenrow.com.au
Sun Aug 26 06:12:39 UTC 2007

Eric Doutreleau wrote:
> I m tryng to install fedora 7 on this beast and the installer is stuck
> at early stage.
>
> indeed i have at the screen
> Ready
>
> and nothing happened after
>
> i choose text or graphic but i got the same thing
>
> i succeed install other server with the same CD
>
> did someone already had this problem?

One thing worth checking with Dell PowerEdge equipment is that the SCSI
controllers firmware is up to date.  I had this exact same issue with a
PE2300 recently.  Upgrading the firmware, as well as manually loading
the required megaraid driver worked for that machine.

I don't remember off hand what controller card the 1650 has in it, but
if it is an older PERC card then you have to coax it a bit.  I made some
posts over the last two weeks about PERC cards and Dell hardware, so
have a look at them if you still have a problem.

Regards,
Langdon