CUPS problem

PerAntonRønning pa-ronn at online.no
Sun Aug 26 20:26:52 UTC 2007

Garry T. Williams wrote:
> On Sunday 26 August 2007 15:03:14 PerAntonRønning wrote:
>
>> Tim wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 12:03 +0200, PerAntonRønning wrote:
>>>

> [snip]
>

>>> you can run memtest86+ to test your menu.
>>>

> [snip]
>

>> I cannot remember having seen anything  pertaining memtesting when
>> booting up
>>

> yum install memtest86+

Done, it went smootly. Am I now supposed to burn a DVD for this program,
and boot from that DVD?
That's the way I have understood this mechanism, my friend told me that
memtest writes to the memory locations and read from them again and
makes a comparison. I suppose there would be a system halt if I just
started the installed memtest from disk under Linux.

Brgds
PAR