thunderbird 2.0

Martin Marques martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Mon Aug 27 14:50:18 UTC 2007

Casey Stamper wrote:
> On 8/27/07, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>> Martin Marques wrote:
>>> I installed a month ago Fedora 7 on my new Compaq Notebook, and when
>>> using Thunderbird found out that the search component (small box that
>>> lets you filter mail in the selected mailbox by sender, to or cc, body
>>> content, etc.) is missing and I can't find anywhere to enable it (if
>>> it's still part of thunderbird).
>>>
>>> Do I have to install it as an extension, because I search for it on
>>> thenderbirds addons with no luck.
>>>
>>     I still click on Tools and then filters. Do you have the Tools in
>> your top margin?
>>

> I'm pretty sure you can also (not at the computer at the moment)
> right-click on the email address and choose something like 'create
> filter from address.'

People, this is not what I want.

In tb 1.5 (which is the version I'm using now at work) I have a search
box which once applied the filter it only shows those messages (like a
search filter), but when I'm done, I cancel it and go back to the normal
mailbox view.

Another nice thing it has is that is right above the mailbox list, so I
don't have to go to Tools -> Message Filters.

Is it available?

--
  21:50:04 up 2 days,  9:07,  0 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.37, 0.18