CUPS problem

PerAntonRønning pa-ronn at online.no
Mon Aug 27 15:21:49 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 10:20 +0200, PerAntonRønning wrote:
>
>> Garry T. Williams wrote:

>>> Now run memtest-setup.  That will add the memory test to your grub
>>> menu.  Mine looks like this after running memtest-setup:
>>>
>>>     title Memtest86+ (1.70)
>>> 	    root (hd0,0)
>>> 	    kernel /memtest86+-1.70 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
>>>

>> Mine became a bit different, but this is FC 5. Problem was that
>> /usr/sbin/ was not in the $PATH, and there must also  have been some
>> slipup on my part when running yum install.
>> It looks like this:
>>
>> title Memtest86+ (1.65)
>>         root (hd0,0)
>>         kernel /memtest86+-1.65 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
>> I will now try this by booting up.
>>
>> Thanks, all.
>> Brgds
>> PAR
>>

> The question tht want answered is, after I run memtest do I still have
> an operating system left on the disk? If I don't how does putting a
> entry in grub.conf help me?

It worked like this: When booting (I use KDE) I have a few seconds to
access the boot menu before Linux is started. After having installed
memtest86+, this program appears as an entry
in the boot menu. Instead of selecting Linux, one will instead select
mentest , and then the program starts immediately, without loading the OS.

Then you let it run some passes to see what happens, and by pressing Esc
you go back to booting, and this time you start Linux.

Brgds
PAR