Simple but no joy swap

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Aug 27 19:51:15 UTC 2007

    I have no swap listed when I run top. This is not true but the swap
file at /dev/sda3 was around 250 bytes. I had just goofed but I had a
much larger swap on the other hard drive and it worked great.

    Now just one hard drive and today I used fdisk and redid this hard
drive to have the same number of partitions but the /dev/sda3 is now 2
Gb. I used mkswap /dev/sda3 and it seemed to work but perhaps not
because top still says no swap... I will read man mkswap and see if
there is something else I need to do.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User