blank screen on boot in fc7

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Aug 29 10:34:13 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> Tim:
>>> Now try booting graphically (don't put a 3 there), but remove the rhgb
>>> option.  See if it's just rhgb fouling things up.
>

> Karl Larsen:
>> he is using a nVIDIA video card. It is possible this is causing his
>> problems?
>
> We could only guess at that.  But, it has been known for booting up with
> rhgb to cause problems for some systems.

I thought that rhgb was causing the problem on two recent threads. I did
not see any info that removing rhgb from the boot was tried. One thread,
this one I believe, disabling services was tried but probably disabled
firewalls, printer daemons and other important services.

Jim

--
Once I finally figured out all of life's answers, they changed the
questions.